Coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The W.H.O. has declared Covid-19 a global pandemic. To minimize your risk, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends you engage in good hygiene practices and social distancing. The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has determined that Covid-19 is in widespread community transmission. This means that you should self-quarantine as much as possible. As of 8 p.m. on Sunday, March 22, every New Yorker must stay at home from work, unless they are an essential worker. Governor Cuomo has extended this order to May 15, 2020.
Key Grand Street Guild Resources:
- Management: 212-674-2820 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; 646-721-8583 after 5:00 pm
- Community & Social Services: 646-856-6385(En/Sp) or 646-984-0167(En/Cn) 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Henry Street Settlement Healthy Homes Connect: 212-471-2400 ext 1819 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- New York Legal Assistance Group Financial Counseling: 347-286-1631 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Emergency Food Assistance Program:646-856-6385(En/Sp) or 646-984-0167(En/Cn) 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Links to Grand Street Guild Website Resources:
- The latest public health information and new Grand Street Guild responses
- A list of free online activities and games to help the time pass
- How to access New York City and State benefits to help you and your family
- Access the C.A.R.E.S. Act relief package
Grand Street Guild Resources
Grand Street Guild Community & Social Services has a wide range of resources and services to assist residents through this difficult time. All programs and services are free. Any personal information provided will be kept confidential.
- Healthy Homes Connect: 212-471-2400 ext 1819 – Onsite community health workers from Henry Street Settlement can provide you with up-to-date information regarding Covid-19 and help you arrange doctors visits or identify your closest urgent care facility. The community health workers can also help you access meal assistance programs like Meals on Wheels.
- New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG): 347-286-1631 – Onsite financial councilor who can ensure residents receive their paid sick leave, contact creditors about late payments, and crisis budgeting.
- Community & Social Services Staff: 646-984-0167 – Onsite staff members can provide referrals to critical services or to help you address any concerns you may have. Community & Social Services is also running an Emergency food program. If you need food assistance, you can pick up food boxes in the community center on Wednesdays and Fridays 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm or contact us for deliveries on Wednesday between 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
coronavirus-factsheet | stop-the-spread-poster | 2019-ncov-factsheet
118 thoughts on “Grand Street Guild Coronavirus (Covid-19) Resource Page”
Comments are closed.