There is widespread community transmission of COVID-19 in New York City, meaning the sources of new infections are unknown. Everyone in New York City should act as if they have been exposed to COVID-19. That means you should monitor your health closely and stay home. Only go out for essential supplies and services, such as groceries or urgent medical care.
Staying home will help slow the spread of COVID-19 and will protect others from becoming critically ill and dying. Staying home also protects essential workers, including health care providers and retail workers, who must continue to work. Essential workers need to stay healthy to continue to provide services, such as caring for the sick and keeping groceries and food available.
Continue reading “Coronavirus (Covid-19) Public Health Page”
Coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The W.H.O. has declared Covid-19 a global pandemic. To minimize your risk, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends you engage in good hygiene practices and social distancing. The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has determined that Covid-19 is in widespread community transmission. This means that you should self-quarantine as much as possible. As of 8 p.m. on Sunday, March 22, every New Yorker must stay at home from work, unless they are an essential worker. Governor Cuomo has extended this order to May 15, 2020.
Key Grand Street Guild Resources:
- Management: 212-674-2820 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; 646-721-8583 after 5:00 pm
- Community & Social Services: 646-856-6385(En/Sp) or 646-984-0167(En/Cn) 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Henry Street Settlement Healthy Homes Connect: 212-471-2400 ext 1819 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- New York Legal Assistance Group Financial Counseling: 347-286-1631 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Emergency Food Assistance Program:646-856-6385(En/Sp) or 646-984-0167(En/Cn) 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Links to Grand Street Guild Website Resources:
- The latest public health information and new Grand Street Guild responses
- A list of free online activities and games to help the time pass
- How to access New York City and State benefits to help you and your family
- Access the C.A.R.E.S. Act relief package
Continue reading “Grand Street Guild Coronavirus (Covid-19) Resource Page”